Professional Uxbridge Chimney Sweeps
Are you having a problem with your chimney flue? We can help, we are very experienced chimney sweeps, with 15 years in the business. We offer quality, cost effective and safe work for all our clients, domestic or commercial.
Use A Chimney`s Sweep Services For Safety Purposes
If you have an active chimney House fires can be prevented, by having a professional sweeper come and clean it for you on a regular basis. The fireplace can be a fire hazard and you need the flammable material that can build up inside the chimney removed.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Kill
Regular cleaning helps make sure the chimney passage is clear and unblocked. This means the toxic gases that can build up when you have a fire, escape without any problem. Carbon monoxide poisoning has been in the news quite and one of the causes is a blocked chimney passage. Many foreign bodies can obstruct a chimney including, soot, debris from the building, bird nests, plant material e.g. branches and leafs etc. A smoke draw test needs to be performed on all the chimneys in question to make sure there is proper ventilation.
We offer many sweeping service, some of these are listed below:
- Chimney Sweeping - clearing soot, debris and any other flammable material.
- Chimney Capping - no longer using your chimney then have it capped to stop heat loss.
- Safety Surveys - check out your chimney for any problems - good for insurance purposes.
- Pots and Cowls Fitted - essential to make your appliance and flues work properly.
- Weddings Attended for Good Luck - make that special day even better and unique
- Safety Inspections - inspecting your fireplace and chimney for any issues.
- Smoke Testing - we can test your chimney for proper smoke ventilation.
- Fireplace Sizing - bigger the fireplaces need a bigger flue.
- Ventilation Appraisal - will highlight if carbon monoxide build up is a problem.
Call us today on 07704 980 956 or email us here
How often you need to clean your chimney will depend on what fuel you burn, below is a guide to how often it needs to be cleaned:
- Coal (Biannually)
- Smokeless Coal (Annually)
- Wood Burning (Quarterly)
- Oil (Annually)
- Gas (Annually)
Insurance companies will more likely process your claim in the event of a fire if you have a record of regular chimney sweeping done to your fireplace by professionals.
Chimney Sweeping History In London
Around the 1200s the fireplace changed from being in the centre of the house to the inside wall, as we see today. They started off large and only heating one room and then progressed in the next few hundred years to the other rooms.
Building regulations were put after the Great Fire Of London and chimneys became more narrow and this was when the use of chimney boys came into play, as the Master Sweep would be too big to go up one to clean them. This practice thankfully was eventually abolished in 1875 and boys have never been used since.
If you would like more information on what we can do for you, then please don't hesitate to contact us on 07704 980 956.